Staying in a bed and breakfast may feel so fancy compared to a hotel, but you don’t have to dress to the nines to be one of our guests. However, there is a proper etiquette when staying in someone else’s home. So, before you next stay at Hillhurst, reviewed these polite suggestions:
- While you love your pet, and I am sure we would to, we can’t accommodate any animals. We want to make sure we offer a safe and happy place for all of our guests, and some guests may be allergic or afraid of animals.
- Please be mindful of check-in and check-out times. Especially during busy seasons, we need to have rooms ready for the next guest, so we can’t accommodate late checkouts or early check ins. However, we can hold your luggage and offer you a meal if your room is not yet ready.
- Please be respectful of the designated areas. In the common spaces, please clean up after yourself. If you get a snack from our kitchen (and we hope you do!), return the items to their spaces and wash your dishes. Also, if an area is designated private, please do not cross the boundary. In order to make our BnB successful, we need to have certain areas off limits to guests.
- Keep in mind that a family lives in that space, too. You are in someone’s home, and while you are paying them for the room, please leave it like you found it.
- Ask for our recommendations! We know and love Calgary, so we can give you tons of tips on what to do, where to eat, what to see. If you are worried about safety or get around, check in with us and will give you tips. We also have discounts to some local dining and entertainment establishments, so check with us before going out.
- Follow the rules for mealtimes. In order to best accommodate everyone, meal times are schedule at very specific times. Please don’t show up late or ask for a full meal outside of that time. We won’t be able to meet those requests.
- Please obey the rules. We make these very clear on our website so you know what to expect when you arrive. If you want a place for an after party, you may want to stay elsewhere
- Ask! If you need a new towel or some shampoo, go ahead and ask! We have plenty of extras for you, and we are happy to help in whatever way.
Staying at a BnB is a really fun experience, but you must be respectful of the space and the rules put into place. If you can do that, you will have a great experience!